Go Back   Techwatch forums > Tech Forums > Satellite TV > Satellite Receivers > Dreambox

Dreambox For satellite Dreambox versions, including 7000, 7020, 7025, 8000, 5620, 500, 600 and 800.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-08, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default dreambox 500s setup

Just got a dreambox 500s for tv viewing and i am totally lost on how to get it up and running.I am using a sky + satellite cable which has 2 connections (which one to use),I also have an ethernet cable plugged in to it. please help!
brizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-08, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Something

Default Re: dreambox 500s setup

Hi brizer, I assume you have the dish and twin lnb but no sky+ box. If that is the case, you can use either of the two dish cables.

If you have a sky+ box already connected then you need to run another cable from the dish, that is assuming you have a quad (four output) lnb on the dish. You wont get any more channels with the Dreambox than you aready can get using a sky+ box unless you can either move the dish to get other satellites or you fit another dish.

If you are stuck on the way to actually set up the Dreambox then have a read of Klona's guide. _http://klona.4t.com/

If you like what you see here, tell your friends.
Jimdefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-08, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi Jimdefruit

Thanks for your quick reply re setup. However the link which you sent gives a bit much technical detail for myself, so still unsure as to how to actually set up. I was lead to believe that it was plug and play and I would be prompted with instructions as to how to set up . Think I need a dummies guide!

We currently have sky and dish set up, however I was advised that the dreambox will give me all the sky channels at no cost, and purchased the dreambox for this reason alone, so that we could replace the sky+. Please advise if I have been misled??

Thanks again
Brizer
brizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-08, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Something

You have been totally misled. The Dreambox will read the sky card ok but you wont get any more channels than you already get with your sky subscription.

If you find the Klona site beyond your tech ability then the Dreambox is not for you. The Klona guide is basically a dummies giuide which takes you step by step through setting up a Dreambox.

If you like what you see here, tell your friends.
Jimdefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-10, 11:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

hi there ,
can someone help me configuring the dream box 500s .
i whant to configure the dm 500s but i dont know where to find the parameters of EUTELSAT 16w . and others ....
am glad if somebody a least try to help me .

Katana
Red_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-10, 12:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: dreambox 500s setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizer View Post
Hi Jimdefruit

Thanks for your quick reply re setup. However the link which you sent gives a bit much technical detail for myself, so still unsure as to how to actually set up. I was lead to believe that it was plug and play and I would be prompted with instructions as to how to set up . Think I need a dummies guide!

We currently have sky and dish set up, however I was advised that the dreambox will give me all the sky channels at no cost, and purchased the dreambox for this reason alone, so that we could replace the sky+. Please advise if I have been misled??

Thanks again
Brizer
Also just to add that if you thought that you will receive all the channels just by plugging and playing well it doesnt work like that mate.. As stated in the thread the card will work but there is some technical stuff which needs to be done before the card the card will be actually read.

Unless you can obtain a server but even then that doesnt come free either, and requires networking knowledge.

unadkat is offline   Reply With Quote