Go Back   Techwatch forums > Tech Forums > Digital TV > UK Cable > Cable boxes > Eurovox

Eurovox Eurovox forum for Eurovox help and support: Eurovox, Eurovox max, etc

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-07, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
1ce

Smile How do i chip a virgin media cable box?!

Anyone know how its done? I'm getting virgin media tv in this week sometime and i know someone that can get it chipped for me so i can get all the channels at no extra cost, sky sports sky movies etc...problem is it will cost £120 and can't afford that at the moment so would like to know how its done so i can attempt it myself..I'm in the U.K.

****edit ****

do i even need to get virgin media t.v to get all the channels on my t.v as i have their broadband service, the connection in the wall is still the old telewest one though..is there not any equipment i could buy to let me get all these channels? please help someone

Last edited by 1ce; 09-12-07 at 11:48 PM.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-07, 12:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: How do i chip a virgin media cable box?!

hi i dont know if its true maybe someone else can back me up as long as you have their broadband going into your house you can split the cable with a splitter and use a eurovox reciever thats what ive been told as my neice did it that way and she said no problems
redfox69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-07, 12:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
1ce

ah ok.. problem is i would have no idea how to split the cable or anythin dont know where to start and cant find any step by step tutorials on this..where can i buy a eurovox reciever?
Old 10-12-07, 12:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

hi again if your not getting their tv package and your just getting broadband from them you just get a splitter and put a conection on each end one to your broadband and one on to a eurovox reciever you can buy them on fleabay or see the link for them on here i put an extra eurovox in my daughters room by puting a splitter on my broadband modem then the extra cable into my daughters room and it works a treat i have got 3 eurovoxes in my house and ive got no probs maybe someone can clarify what im saying to you cheers
Old 10-12-07, 01:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Technology Forums

Sounds about right. The only problem that can occur is if you put to many splitters on that may introduce excessive noise back on to the network which in therory can be picked up if an engineer is working in one of the roadside cabs

Mind you though its probably unlikely any of the engineers would click unless they were specifically looking for the cause

Nano
nanochickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-07, 02:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
1ce

oik so whats a splitter and how do i get 1? and also there is no where i can connect the splitter to in the jack thats in the wall its only got a connction for the broadband wire on it
Old 10-12-07, 08:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

look on fleabay or if you have a B&Q OR MAPLINS in your area you can buy them there or if you see a virgin media van or similar they might give you one or a satelite installer once you have the splitter you make up a small patch lead from your wall to the splitter and put your broadband modem on one side of the splitter and another cable on the other side into your eurovox and away you go thats the easy way and best way ive done it
ps where abouts are you
Old 10-12-07, 08:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ce View Post
oik so whats a splitter and how do i get 1? and also there is no where i can connect the splitter to in the jack thats in the wall its only got a connction for the broadband wire on it
this is what you want m8

Last edited by ronster; 21-01-08 at 07:10 PM.
ronster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-07, 12:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
1ce

ok cheers for that ronster..im in scotland, so how likely would it be that i will be able to receive cable tv with all the channels skysports skymovies etc through the eurovox box?dont want to be spending £125 if it aint gonna work, does it take up any extra bandwidth by watching tv and using net at same time? are thyere any places that u recommend buying one from as i dont like using ebay, and do i need to manually configure anything on the box once i get it in order to receive the channels?
Old 10-12-07, 02:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

hi again ice it doesnt upset your band width and theres not much you need to do and you will get all channels if you had any probs i would even install it for you but it depends where in scotland you were as im in the glasgow area so it wouldnt be a prob for me to get you up and running and i know where to obtain them in the area but as i said earlier in my replies there is someone selling them in here lookabove where your posts are and youll see the link for them if you cant wait let me know and i will get you one local in glasgow area they are abit dearer but there nearer home
hope this helps